Force rebooting your iPhone or iPad is a one-stop solution for many software glitches and errors. It sometimes becomes the last fix to apply on your iOS device before the condition gets even worse, so you should know how to use this feature. Once you learn it, this will be a great help in the hour of need when your iPhone or iPad will freeze or not respond due to some reasons. Whatsoever the issue and reason are, you should be able to fix them with force restart option.
When Should One Use the Force Restart?
You should force restart your device whenever it faces any extreme level software glitches and issues. Such as when an OS update goes wrong, screen stuck, not responding device and bugs. When a device gets in a state where nothing works, force restart can make huge changes.
Straightforward Method to Force Restart Your iPhone
The method of force restart on iPhone and iPad may vary as per the device models, so we are providing the methods according to your device model:
Force Reset on iPhone 8, iPhone X and Above
The iPhone device that has no home button has a totally different method for force rebooting it. In case you own the same iPhone that has no home button like iPhone X, XS, XS Max, and XR. Now if you possess any one of these devices, then look at the steps given below:
- First and foremost, press the Volume up key and then quickly release it.
- Now hit the Volume Down key and release it quickly.
- Then long-press the Side key and keep on holding it until the logo of Apple shows up. You may have to hold down the side key at least for 30 seconds in order to start force restart.
- When you see the Apple logo on the screen, you can release the key.
- Now the process of force rebooting will began.
Force Reboot on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus comes up with a home button. However, the device uses a different method of force rebooting. To force restart on your iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, please see the steps given down here:
- Tap and hold down the “Volume Down” +“Side” keys at the same time.
- Keep on holding these both keys.
- When you see the Apple logo, release the keys.
iPhone 6s and Older
- To trigger the feature on your iPhone 6s and earlier devices, see the instructions mentioned down here:
- Hit & hold down the “Home” key on your phone and the “Sleep/Wake” key at the same time.
- Keep on holding the keys.
- Release when you see the Apple logo on your screen.
Force Restart an iPad
If your iPad is stuck on a screen and isn’t responding to any touch inputs or button presses, use one of the following methods to force it to restart.
No Home Key iPads
In case you have the iPads without any home key at all, then simply see the instructions mentioned down here:
- First and foremost, push and release the “Volume Up” key on your device.
- Then push and release the “Volume Down” key on your iPad.
- Now hit and hold down the “Upper” key.
- Release it when the Apple logo triggers.
- The device will work and normally start afterward.
Force Restart Home Button iPads
Most of the traditional iPads introduce the cute Home key. In case, you also possess the physical Home button one iPad, and something went wrong in the device then you can start the force restart by following the given article:
- Tap and hold down the “Home” + “Upper” keys on your iPad.
- Keep on holding the group.
- When you see the Apple logo, just release the keys.
- Now the device will force restart, and then everything should get back to the normal.
- To enjoy our services more visit on: office. com/setup.
Source Url: https://jaxsonharryblog.wordpress.com/2020/03/23/how-to-force-restart-your-ipad-and-iphone/